Cheap Hobby Desk

Ever wanted to have a nice hobby desk that won't cost you a fortune and that is space conscious?  Well I have found the answer!
Enter Home Depot's Commercial Shelving unit.  I bought the 48 in x 72 in x 24 in version and it only cost me 80$ USD.  That is brand new, now you could probably get cheaper second hand but I don't have a truck to move stuff like that.  The box is super heavy by the way, but I managed to fit it in a Dodge Challenger trunk with the back seats down.
It provides a ton of storage space, plenty of work space, and the holes on the side make it very easy to zip tie cords up the side so I can charge my phone while it plays music, run an air compressor, and I installed an LED light.  The LED light was pretty cheap and easy to install as well.  
My kids approve!


Here's the links for the desk and light fixture:
Desk-
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Edsal-48-in-W-x-72-in-H-x-24-in-D-Steel-Commercial-Shelving-Unit-UR-245WGB/202067997
Light-
http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-18-in-Premium-LED-Linkable-Under-Cabinet-Fixture-26427/205972243

All credit goes to the wife for figuring this one out!

Thanks for reading
-Red

Comments