Extremis


+++ In the forgeworld's of the Adeptus Mechanicus there is an unseen war.  Hereteks, traitors, and xenos are an ever growing threat to the realms of the Omnissiah.  The battles are often small skirmishes fought in the depths of the great forge complexes.  The underforges are dark, decrepit places filled with broken machinery and abandoned factories.  They are home to all manners of mutants, xenos, and rejects.  It is here that the Divisio Extremis operates. +++


The Extremis Project 

For a long time I have wanted to be able to put what I see in my head into the real world both with my modelling and painting.  Somewhat recently I feel like I have been able to do that pretty well with my painting but my modelling just hasn't been where I wanted.  I also felt like I had started to rely on my airbrush too much and that my actual brush skills had begun to atrophy.  Enter Games Workshop's Inner Circle competition here in the states.  A perfect excuse to do a project without the use of my airbrush and in which converting/modelling was rewarded.  

I found out about the competition about a month into it since I don't have a Games Workshop that close to me (about an hour away).  Luckily I already had a story brewing in my head that needed to be created and so I began.  Yet as I worked, I started thinking to myself that it would be awesome to have people all over creating different warbands within the Underforge.  I have started with what I feel like is just a piece to a potentially complex environment.  I don't think the goal would necessarily be to get together and get a game in (that would be awesome though), but rather to weave a web of political intrigue within the Underforge and some awesome warbands to go with.  

Just an idea I have been playing with...

If you are interested go ahead and find me on Facebook at:






  

Comments